Homestay in Manchester is a great opportunity for our students who wish to experience British family life.
Berlitz Manchester’ students will stay with a family in the Manchester area so they can gain an insight into British life from a family background, while also practising their language skills outside the classroom. Staying with one of our host families is not only a great opportunity to experience British family life, but also to learn about the British culture and way of life in general. The experience that students obtain from staying in homestay Manchester accommodation is invaluable.
We ensure that all of our homestay families are visited on a regular basis by our professional accommodation officers, to ensure that standards are maintained throughout. All Berlitz Manchester’s families offer a welcoming and warm atmosphere, with a superb emphasis upon being part of the family.
- Breakfast: Breakfast usually consists of toast and cereal.
- Lunch: Lunch usually consists of a light meal such as a salad, soup or sandwich.
- Main Meal (dinner): Your host family will usually serve the evening meal between 6-7pm. Dinner is freshly prepared every night and may include fish or meat, vegetables and either rice, pasta or potatoes – this is all dependent on the host family.
- Special requests: Most of our homestay families are happy to cater for special diets such as vegetarian, halal or kosher. Mealtimes are a great opportunity to sit down with your family and practise the English you have learnt in the day, offering you a very effective learning environment!
- Standard or Executive Homestay: There are two types of Home-stay Accommodation: Standard and Executive.
- Executive Homestays all include en-suite bathroom whereas students in Standard accommodation generally share bathroom facilities.
- Executive Homestays also tend to be either larger houses or higher-quality specification.
- A bed and storage space such as a wardrobe and/or chest of drawers.
- There will also be either a desk in the room or somewhere quiet in the house where you can study.
- The family will provide fresh bed sheets and towels once a week and students have the use of the washing machine.
- Students will be provided with their own key.
- All our families have internet access.
- The student will share a bathroom with the family.
If you would like to have access to a private bathroom, please book Executive Homestay.
If you are not happy with your family, please speak to the Accommodation Manager. A change of host families can be arranged with one week’s notice.
Will I be the only international student who lives with the host family?
Homestay families can host between 1 and 4 students in their house. Each student has to have their own bedroom and students who speak the same native language are not placed together, unless they request it.